Over the summer, we were happy to host elders from Marten Falls and Webequie First Nations for an overnight stay at Esker Camp and a tour of the site.
We kept everyone busy with a range of activities:
- Walked to the site and stood on the actual Eagle’s Nest deposit;
- Toured the core;
- Had a helicopter tour of all potential deposits in the area;
- Saw a presentation by CEO Alan Coutts; and
- Held a traditional ceremony with everyone at camp, led by two council members from Marten Falls and Webequie First Nations.
“The site tours were well-organized and informative and we felt very welcomed by Noront. Their hospitality was excellent, the presentations were translated into our local language by Scott Jacob, and the food prepared by Chef Norma Achneepineskum and her assistant Wilma Baxter was wonderful. Job well done!”
– Maria Baxter, Marten Falls First Nation Community Communications Liaison Officer
Communities and young people are welcome to visit and learn more about the activities happening at camp. To arrange a visit please contact: Scott Jacob, Manager, Community Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org.