By Mike Desilets, Site and Project Manager
Esker Site has been bustling this year with maintenance activity and upgrades to some of our primary assets.
- Logs starting to rot on the boardwalks and railings around site were replaced
- We re-organized and improved our stores inventory and maintenance systems to make them more efficient
- We replaced the primary diesel generator with a more efficient model
- We also replaced the site incinerator with a model that has better fuel controls, eliminates emissions and reduces fuel consumption
- We added a floating dock on the ice at Koper Lake to provide more efficient, safer docking and unloading for float planes during the summer
- Our wifi range was extended to better allow workers to connect with friends and family at home
- A fitness centre was created so employees, contractors and visitors can work on their personal fitness and health while at site
These improvements will help us maintain a safe and reliable site, and were completed in support of the three pillars of wellness at Esker which include:
- Sleep and rest
and, to improve the overall fly in/fly out experience for our workers, contractors and visitors.